Monday 23 December 2013

I've been saying that I'll post about my competitive shop for a mighty long time now! But we've been so busy doing... well what haven't we been busy doing?!

I've been checking the store stock levels very regularly, pouncing on anything that's selling more quickly than expected. I've only had to send one urgent order - woo!
We've been getting ready for stocktake - tidying up the system (deleting obsolete products...), sending out instructions to the stores and planning all the reporting.
And I've been making sure everything's wrapped up nicely for the end of the year: doing some big transfers/write-offs, checking there are no outstanding orders on my system or our finance package, etc. ..

The other massive job is preparing for the sale - but I think that deserves a post of its own.

So, to the competitive shop:

I found some wonderful vm in Aesop: colour-blocked windows presenting gift sets; autumn leaves piled up in corners of the store (this made it feel really contiguous to the street, so much easier to wander into...)
Jo Malone was looking great, but then Christmas really is their time of year - their packaging is so sophisticated. They had some adorable tree decorations and crackers containing mini products. Reasonably-priced too.
Molton Brown's standout product was the £38 Bathing Treasures Collection - an irresistible rainbow of 12 shower gels. And the snow-dome window was certainly fun.
At Le Labo, Christmas seemed to have passed them by a bit, but I guess tinsel would sit a bit strangely with their very industrial, minimal aesthetic.
Liberty's beauty hall was buzzing festive shoppers. I loved the Diptyque and Frederic Malle special editions to celebrate the department store's anniversary - lovely prints on normally so simple packaging.
 

I did come up with quite a fun game as well - spot the products in Liberty's window. There's one of my attempts and a couple of other pictures below.



Bottom left, clockwise: CO Bigelow, Cold and Flu Soak (?), Nesti Dante Il Frutteo Soap; Byredo Peyote Poem Candle (?); Crazy Loafers; Acqua di Parma fragrance; Maison Francis Kurkdjian fragrance; Penguin; Fornasetti Sun Print Cup and Saucer; Cute Duck Soap-on-a-Rope


Enjoy the last crazy couple of days before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment